Wednesday 4 April 2007

Shoeman!

Heading to the mountains and altitude means......cold, which means.....boots! But from using them non stop in London the heels were worn through and with the rain, that isn´t worth thinking about. Yuk, wet feet! So I went on a search for a shoe man, and obviously found many. Quoted me a pound for new heels, and made me sit on a little plastic chair to wait, in my socks.
Out of nowhere appeared on child, then two, then three, then ten! All of different ages. Staring away, and asking for my name.
To make the staring process less painful I decided to teach them my Spanish songs. Sharon, who was with me did not know whether to laugh or join in. There we were, under the plastic bag roof, sitting on a chair, while the rain poured down, singing. Then a few moms appeared and started singing as well! Am sure my songs will become the latest trend in schools all over Peru. They all love the TAXI one. Will sing it one day for you all. But you might not appreciate that as much. Really like Hurauz, it definitely has a certain charm about it.

No comments: