Friday 6 April 2007

Lots of stuff in one!

Cusco is absolutely amazing, am in this great hostal, well great for views, but hundreds of stairs to get there. Okay I am exagerating...maybe only fifty. Will count them next time!
You try walk them with no air to breathe! There is so much to see and do, and buy. Me and goodies are such a bad combination. I love shopping, why does it give me so much absolute pleasure? Was greeted in the Plaza with ballons of every colour by Sharon and friends this morning.
Very odd to be away away for my birthday, and not to have chocolate cake as an early breakfast. Will have to have make up for this in New Zealand! Big parade this afternoon for Good Friday. Imagine having your birthday on Good Friday. A good day, it must be a sign for this year!
Am going to try and get to Machu picchu the dodgy but very cheap way. Got my bus ticket this morning, just driving to the bus terminal was an experience, felt like I was back in Peru.
Cusco centre is totally aimed at the tourists, and is the mecca for finding friends, having adventures and a good time, without any hard work. Bus should make entertaining reading, as it is a similar bus to last. It is a morning bus and they are fine. I think!
Then I am off to the Jungle....very excited, not about the spiders, but about everything else. Will be the smelliest and dirtiest girl around by the end, it´s great!

No comments: