Wednesday 9 May 2007

New Zealand


Only a few days left here, and I am totally in love with this place, which I suppose is normal. Have been swimming in freezing water, soaking in thermal baths and walking up many waterfalls, and not falling in. Am in Taupo at the moment, and everyone is thinking about sky diving..... Have been around the whole north island, and tomorrow am hopping on a bus back to Auckland.

New Zealand is the perfect family stop, calm beaches, easy roads, big big houses, with cute post boxes. I won't bore readers with a day by day run down. All I can say it is amazing, and if anyone is thinking of going they should! I have been so lucky with the weather, and am really starting to believe that my sun gifting is a real gift! Last week this whole area was horrible and rainy and cold. All we have had is sun, sun and more sun. Have met lots of really sweet people, and am beginning to hear myself think in a New Zealand accent! The worst was, when I replied....'sweet as' instead of saying thanks. Hostals have been okay, few better than others, and a few worse than others. Have joined a hop on, hop off bus, so it all seems to work, at least no map reading is involved!
Good sunrise hey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
Sooo glad you arrived safely and are having so much fun:-) New Zealand is the place to stay...why not give it a try - besides the answers to life you will very likely not find straining, rather they will find you at the most unexpected moments. Enjoy the friendship and our thoughts remain with you, always!
Love Rose