Thursday 24 May 2007

Castaway Cairns

Cairns is boiling, and by this I mean hot and sticky, hot and sticky. The fan goes all night, and I have the usual fear that it will fall off and on top of me! Have spent the first few days walking around and swimming in their big pool that is known as the Lagoon, trust me, it is just a big pool. The word Lagoon tends to create visual images that far match the reality. Would take photo, but still need to get a camera. Today it is just pouring down with rain, and even though I have been assured it will all stop, I doubt it very much. A day in the rain forests with pouring rain....not to sure about that one. I feel like I need to be doing something, and get a bit bored chatting to odd people and then not chatting. Why can't I just bring South America here! There is definitely a different type of traveller in Australia, than in other parts. I am not sure what the difference is yet, but should work it out soon. I am looking forward to going home, but then I realise that I really am not to sure where that is either, but should work that out too. Just to leave your toothbrush in one place, imagine! Our hostel is rather small, which is nice for a change. We get free meal vouchers and then go to a shed place, called appropriately the Woodshed....(which is made of tin not wood) hand in our voucher, get a ticket and then stand in front of a hatchet waiting for a plate of food. It does kind of remind you of a homeless situation, but then we are all homeless in some sense of the word. Move on to Port Douglas, with devine beaches, can't wait! If I am Castaway in Cairns...then what could I be in Port Douglas? Will sort that one out too!

No comments: