Sunday 25 March 2007

Bus Journey

The bus is far beyond anyones imagination.....for Peru...the seats are devine, and sleeping on them is no prob! EXCEPT.... After a very sad goodbye to everyone, and my little world, I got onto a bus full of men. Only three women, excluding the hostess. The man sitting next to me was lovely and I knew his whole story before even leaving Trujillo. Watched a dodgy movie, had a bit of food, and then lights out. Yippee, best part, to sleep, and not be able to do anything else! I was just entering my little Conny dream, when the biggest, loudest snore you have ever heard came from behind me! Really the loudest....everyone kept turning round, someone muttered a few incomprehensible words in Spanish, and someone shook his chair....back to quiet. Bus settles, then a baby starts to scream, for an hour straight.....baby finally settles.....yes, snoring man starts again. Well the pattern really continued for about six hours. When I finally did fall asleep, man next to me, who is fast fast asleep, allows his arm to flop onto me, with dead weight and sound of it all, I woke up screaming and in turn woke up whole bus. All in all, bus ride was not the most peaceful. But something to talk about.

No comments: