Thursday 1 February 2007

One Hundred Miles

I will walk One Hundred Miles... on a Sunday
Sara, a student from my english class, invited us all to spend a day with her, sightseeing.... We left home early sunday morning, walked for about 40 mins before catching a bus, then a combi and then a bakkie. 3hours later we were at the temple, Huaco El Broche. The place was deserted, and because of Sara, we could go into places that were not open to the public. Very Similar to Huaco del Luna y Sol. But still amazing to see. We then had to walk back along the path to catch a combi back into town. Sara convincing told us all it was a 30 minute walk.....One and a half hours later....in the midday sun, we arrived, burnt and heated out. We then got a lift from one of the local people, to the beach where there would be alot of combis leaving. We climbed on the back, and watch ourselves drive down the whole route we had just walked!!! To make it worse, the beach is a ten minute walk from the Temple....Unfortunately, I still have not figured out any of the logic. To question it, would just have made me cry. Had lunch for 3 soles, 50pence, and finally caught a sixteen seater back into town. When I say 16 seater, I mean 16 seats, but 32 people squashed inside. Very entertaining. Luckily I had the front seat with three others.

No comments: