Tuesday 6 February 2007

I prayed that it would not happen....but

But it did! yes I got head lice! Horrible crawly, bloodsucking little creatures! No one could find them despite being convinced they were there. Well no one, until the cook had a turn! I felt like a monkey sitting in between her legs, while she scratch through my head and yanked them out. Popping the lice and pulling the eggs! The scratching and searching process took about two hours, and found some nasty lotion, that I slept with and am now lice free! Cook wanted to search again three days later.....but told her convincingly that there were definitely none left. (I hope) My children are crawling with them, if you stand above them, you can see them move....oh it is awful, I hate head lice! I feel like I have been a living host to all things possible this last month! At least I am aiding towards the survival of "gogos" in South America.
Oh yes, dog has had puppies, but not the dog I thought, she should be popping soon. They are so so cute, and tiny tiny. Ducklings have all been sold, and chicks keep following me around now, as I let them sit in my lap. Mother of animal land thinks I am nutty, and laughs when she sees three chicks walking behind me. Kids are all beginning to be kind to animals. A rare thing around here, and I am just loving fussing over them all. I am definitely having chickens when I come home!

No comments: